KFC: Sign the Better Chicken Commitment
As the most farmed animals, chickens are suffering by the hundreds of millions in factory farms in the US. We passionately believe that we must do more to improve the truly terrible conditions they are kept in and that common-sense solutions are available that benefit animals, farmers, and the public.
Sadly, large corporations that provide animal products don’t always see it that way.
Will you join us in asking KFC to make a commitment for better chicken welfare?
Act now — it's easy!
Send an email to KFC's CEO, Tony Lowings, by filling out the form on this page.
Subject: Sign the Better Chicken Commitment. End the cruelty.
Dear Mr. Lowings,
I am writing to demand that KFC commits to address the welfare of broiler chickens in its US supply chain by signing on to the Better Chicken Commitment. KFC has committed to sourcing higher welfare chicken in six European markets. Your customers and chickens in the US deserve better too.
I am concerned that KFC is purchasing chicken from suppliers that overcrowd birds in barren environments and use fast-growing conventional breeds that are associated with poor health outcomes such as painful bone, joint, and skin conditions. Such low-welfare production systems are more susceptible to the development and spread of disease. Antibiotics are often used to allow these systems to function despite their conditions, driving the spread of antibiotic resistant bacteria that pose risks to human health.
Higher welfare indoor systems maintain efficient production while allowing chickens the freedom to walk, run, play, and rest, and use higher-welfare breeds that gain weight at healthier rates. KFC has a responsibility to improve the lives of its chickens.
KFC must adopt this commitment in the US. It is necessary to improve the lives of millions of chickens nationwide each year and prevent the company from lagging on providing customers with the higher welfare proteins they demand.
Concerned Chicken Consumer
Demand KFC adopt the Better Chicken Commitment
Want to do even more?
Here are some additional actions you can take to help alleviate the suffering of chickens around the world
1. Tweet KFC
- We need KFC to hear us loud and clear: they MUST make a change to improve the welfare of chickens in their supply chain.
- With over 1.4 million Twitter followers, this is a crucial space to make our message visible and to let the public know that KFC is failing chickens.
- Tweet at @KFC now by clicking the button below to speak up for chickens around the world. The below tweet will auto-populate to make it even easier to make an impact.
2. Submit a formal complaint to KFC
- Head to the contact form on the KFC website and send them a message demanding that they make a change for chickens.
- Feel free to copy and paste one of the below sample messages or use them as a guide to personalize your own:
- Chickens are the most intensively farmed land animal on the planet. The US raises nearly 9 billion chickens for meat each year, the majority of which are housed in cramped, barren conditions. We demand KFC end this cruelty. KFC, adopt the Better Chicken Commitment in the US now!
- KFC signed on to the Better Chicken Commitment in the UK, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Sweden, committing to more space, improved enrichment, and healthier breeds by 2026. We deserve the same integrity in the US. KFC, adopt the Better Chicken Commitment in the US now!
- I am urging KFC to adopt the Better Chicken Commitment in the US. It is necessary to improve the lives of millions of chickens nationwide each year and prevent the company from lagging on providing customers with the higher welfare proteins they demand. KFC, adopt the Better Chicken Commitment in the US now!
3. Sign our Higher Welfare Chicken Pledge
- By signing the pledge, you will help improve the lives of smart, curious, and kind birds. We are encouraging supporters to purchase only higher-welfare chicken and to reduce their chicken consumption all around. Join our community of compassionate animal lovers now!
2. Share this action with your friends & family!
- Help spread the word by letting your network know that NOW is the time to demand change for this fast food giant.
Pledge to make a change for chickens
Sign the higher welfare chicken pledge and join us in helping chickens have lives worth living.
By signing the pledge, you will help improve the lives of smart, curious, and kind birds.