- Millions of wild animals worldwide are being either taken from their natural environments or bred in captivity to be exploited for entertainment and profit.
- This leads to a lifetime of cruelty, confinement, neglect and abuse. Many even pay with their lives.
- A captive wild animal can never truly experience a life free from suffering and cruelty. No matter how well they are looked after in captivity, only in their wild environment can all their needs be fully met.
- Wild animals belong in the wild. We can only keep them there by educating ourselves and others, as tourists, to make animal-friendly choices when on vacation. This will help reduce the demand for animal entertainment.
- In addition, governments, authorities and local communities must tackle the growing trade for animals used in the tourism industry. We're working with them to develop sustainable and local solutions that protect wildlife.
How you can help:
- Whether it’s handling a turtle to have your photo taken; visiting a dolphin show; or riding an elephant, these tourist activities involving wild animals will continue to exist if there is a demand for them.
- You have significant power as a tourist to help stop this cruelty, simply by making animal-friendly choices when on vacation.
Ready to be an animal-friendly tourist, but not sure how?
There are many practical steps you can take to protect wildlife when on vacation. Download our animal-friendly vacation guide and receive regular updates on how you can protect wild animals by signing-up below and pledging to be an animal-friendly tourist.