Animals in farming
The majority of animals farmed for food live in conditions that cause suffering and stress. It’s time to rethink farming.
By 2050, livestock production will be twice what it was in 2000. Right now, more than 70 billion animals are farmed for food each year – two-thirds in conditions that mean they can’t move freely or live naturally. We campaign for progress at every stage – from farming to transportation to slaughter. And we know change is possible.
- We move governments and global bodies to improve regulations to protect animals.
- We influence debates that will shape the future of world farming.
- We partner with food businesses to change the way they work and protect animals.
- We work with farmers to demonstrate practical and affordable ways to protect animals.
- We encourage people to reduce their meat consumption and choose food produced in line with high welfare standards.
By supporting our campaigns, you can help improve the lives of billions of farm animals around the world - and the well-being of humans and our planet, too.
Farmed animals need you
Factory farming is the largest source of animal cruelty in the world.
We're urging big businesses to improve the lives of chickens and pigs in their supply chains.
Let's move them to do the right thing for farmed animals – together.