Factory farming is the largest source of animal cruelty in the world
But fast food chains and supermarkets would rather you didn’t know that
Forget the slogans. Forget the catchy jingles. Forget the clever advertising. Businesses are exploiting and abusing animals on a staggering scale for the sake of profit.
Experience life on a factory farm
Put headphones on and watch our video to experience the disorienting horror of life on a factory farm.
Farm animals need you
We're urging big businesses to improve the lives of chickens and pigs in their supply chains. Let's move them to do the right thing for farm animals – together.
This is cruelty
Subscribe for updates
Our Change for Chickens petition urging KFC to help end the secret suffering of chickens is now closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about our campaign and get the latest on our work to protect farm animals around the world.
The scale of suffering caused by factory farming is truly astounding:
- 40 billion chickens are subjected to overcrowded factory farms every year
- Many will have a space smaller than a piece of paper to live in, in barns crammed with up to 10,000 chickens
- They will spend most of their lives sitting or lying in their own waste
- Piglets on factory farms have their teeth clipped or ground and tails cut off
- Three out of four mother pigs are confined to cages the size of a fridge
Moving the world to protect animals
We’re dedicated to improving the lives of as many of the world's 50 billion factory farmed animals as possible
So far, we’ve moved some of the world’s biggest pig producers and supermarkets in the US and Thailand to commit to keeping pregnant pigs out of cages. And recently, we've also petitioned KFC to do the right thing for chickens, collecting over half a million signatures worldwide and nearly 200,000 signatures here in the US alone
Moving the world to eat less meat
Quick tips for caring carnivores
We've created a guide to help meat eaters make better choices for themselves and farm animals