Join our movement
- Livestock production contributes to global greenhouse gas emissions, even more than all the cars, planes and other forms of transport put together.
- Cattle ranching is the largest driver of deforestation in every Amazon country, accounting for 80% of current deforestation rates.
- The amount of waste produced by livestock and poultry in factory farms in the U.S. is around 13 times more than that produced by the entire population.
- Fertilizers and manure from feed crops and concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) are major contributors to water pollution, rural air pollution, and foodborne illness in the United States.
- The U.S. has the highest per capita meat consumption of any large country in the world.
Change starts with you. If we want to halt and reverse the direction our planet is headed in, we need to dramatically reduce our consumption of meat from animals. That means switching to plant-based alternatives and to other protein sources such as ‘clean meat’.
We are not a vegan or vegetarian organization, but we do understand the huge effect that eating less meat can have on the lives of farmed animals, your health and the planet.
Make your pledge to cut back on cruelly produced chicken, pork, beef and other meat.
Pledge to reduce your meat consumption
As an individual concerned about the environment and animal welfare, I pledge to eat less meat and incorporate more plant-based meals in my diet.