Help improve the lives of farmed animals. Reduce the amount of cruelly-produced meat you eat today.
Pledge to Eat Less Meat
The United States has one of the highest rates of meat consumption of any country in the world.
- Livestock production contributes to global greenhouse gas emissions, even more than all the cars, planes and other forms of transportation combined.
- Cattle ranching is the largest driver of deforestation in every Amazon country, accounting for 80% of current deforestation rates.
- The amount of waste produced by livestock on factory farms in the U.S. is around 13 times more than that produced by the entire population.
- Fertilizers and manure from feed crops and concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) are major contributors to water pollution, rural air pollution, and foodborne illness in the United States.
- The United States has one of the highest rates of meat consumption of any country in the world.
Change starts with you. If we want to halt and reverse the direction our planet is headed in, we need to dramatically reduce our consumption of meat from animals. That means switching to plant-based alternatives and to other protein sources such as ‘clean meat’.
We are not a vegan or vegetarian organization, but we do understand the huge effect that eating less meat can have on the lives of farmed animals, your health and the planet.
Make your pledge to cut back on cruelly produced chicken, pork, beef and other meat.